Electrical, electronic and programmable electronic (E/E/PE) safety-related systems play a crucial role at industrial facilities in managing risk to tolerable levels. Risktec considers the complete lifecycle of safety-related and business-critical systems, including concept, requirements, planning, specification, design, commissioning, operation, maintenance and decommissioning phases.
Risktec consultants use a range of recognised techniques to assure the performance of these systems in managing operational risks.
Our services include:
- System specification
- Independent safety assessment and audit
- Hazard identification (e.g. HAZOP, FMEA, FMECA, human error review)
- Causal and consequence analysis (e.g. fault tree analysis, event tree analysis)
- SIL assessment and verification
- Layer of protection analysis (LOPA)
- Identifying safety-critical elements and developing performance standards and verification schemes
- Design substantiation of safety requirements
- Options analysis
- ALARP assessment
- Due diligence for acquisitions, mergers and business ventures
- TÜV Rheinland certified training for Functional Safety Engineer (Process Hazard & Risk Analysis)
- Training courses
“At all stages of the project lifecycle, Risktec has proven experience in working closely with the operator and the equipment provider to ensure that the system satisfies the requirements of all the stakeholders in terms of time, cost and quality.”
Engineered Risk Control Systems (Oil and Gas)
Engineered Risk Control Systems and Performance (Nuclear)
Functional Safety of Safety-Related Systems
Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
Process Hazard & Risk Analysis
Visit TÜV Rheinland’s website for further information on the full range of functional safety and cybersecurity services.