HAZOP Leader (TÜV)
ID No: 0000080430
This HAZOP Leader (TÜV) course is the only training for HAZOP leaders worldwide that is certified by an accredited body. It will develop and test the delegates’ knowledge, skills and behaviours for the effective leadership of process safety related HAZOP workshops. The course covers the fundamentals of HAZOP leadership, demonstrating how to apply the theory in practical situations and using real-world examples to illustrate key points.
Personnel certification is a certificate issued by the accredited and independent body PersCert TÜV.
PersCert TÜV meets international standard ISO 17024 when testing technical and professional skills. For more information visit www.certipedia.com/quality_marks/0000080430
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate mature evaluation of the HAZOP technique against the wider safety context, including the regulatory environment and other safety methods
- Apply multi-disciplinary engineering knowledge to lead and challenge the HAZOP study team
- Assess the importance of human factors to a successful HAZOP study in context of the design and operation of process facilities
- Devise and manage a HAZOP meeting, demonstrating a comprehensive and rounded application of different skills and capabilities to lead both technically and professionally
- HAZOP leader role and responsibilities
- Facilitating skills
- Preparation and noding
- Hazard scenarion development and safeguards
- Risk assessment and recommendations
- Human factors and accident causation
- Other HAZOP applications
- Other techniques and LOPA
- HAZOP company and regulatory requirements
Who should attend?
- Anyone with 5 years’ experience of the HAZOP technique who is required to lead HAZOP studies.
- Highly experienced HAZOP leaders seeking an internationally recognised certification.
The training is not industry-specific, however the exercises and worked examples are based on process safety hazards associated with oil and gas, petrochemical and chemical industries.
What prior study is recommended?
The following requirements must be met for candidates to attain the HAZOP Leader (TÜV):
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in HAZOP (HAZOP team member, HAZOP scribe, HAZOP facilitator)
- university degree (master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering or science discipline) or equivalent engineer level responsibilities with status certified by employer
- attendance on the course
- successful completion of continuous assessment
- successful completion of the examination
On meeting these requirements, candidates will be issued with a PersCert TÜV certificate from TÜV Rheinland. The certificate is valid for 5 years.
BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering, BSc Industrial Chemistry, TÜV Functional Safety Engineer
João is a TÜV-certified Functional Safety Engineer with over 20 years’ experience in the goal-setting regulatory frameworks in South America, Middle East and the North Sea. João has facilitated workshops for HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and inherently safer design reviews. He has led formal safety assessments comprising QRA, fire & explosion analysis and escape, evacuation & rescue analysis, and has audited process safety management frameworks of petrochemical operators and oil & gas producers. João has also facilitated failure FMECA workshops and undertaken reliability, availability and maintainability modelling.
How is it assessed?
Candidates must have successfully demonstrated their leadership skills during the course’s activity-based continuous assessment to be eligible for the written examination.
The examination has a duration of 4 hours and comprises two parts, taken on separate days:
Part 1 (50%): Written assessment. (150 minutes)
Part 2 (50%): Multiple-choice and short answer questions. (90 minutes)
- 2 screens or 1 screen and a printer
In order for us to determine your eligibility for the course, this Participant Eligibility Form must be completed and submitted in the form below.
Register for this course
You're interested in HAZOP Leader (TÜV), 28th October 2024, Dubai, UAE.