Radioactive Waste Management and Decommissioning
To provide learners with a high level appraisal of the underlying principles of radioactive waste management and decommissioning.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, safety advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Nuclear waste management:
– System of Clearance, discharge, disposal, recycling and re-use
– Regulated management and disposal of
- Nuclear fuel disposal:
– Disposal options
– Design and operational safety of facilities
– Long-term safety assessment
– Regulatory involvement
- Reactor decommissioning
– Reactor shutdown
– Closure of decommissioning project
– Reactor dismantling strategy and planning
– Safety and radiation protection standards and criteria
– Safety management strategy
– Key regulatory issues
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Critically review management of wastes from nuclear power plants
- Consider disposal of spent nuclear fuel
- Evaluate design considerations for reactor decommissioning
F2F (1 day)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Specialist nuclear safety studies
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.