Hydrogen Safety Assurance
This course introduces the practical tools and techniques to allow hydrogen equipment and facility designers and developers to build a robust yet pragmatic safety assurance framework and apply this to ensure and demonstrate that they are reducing risk to ALARP. It builds on tried and tested approaches from other more mature industries, adapting these where necessary to suit the specific characteristics and challenges of hydrogen as an energy vector. The objective is to introduce the challenge that hydrogen presents, highlighting both commonalities and differences between hydrogen and well-understood hydrocarbons.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners involved in hydrogen energy projects.
- Hazard Identification
- Relevant standards and regulations
- Risk assessment for hydrogen
- Risk evaluation including consequence assessment
- Functional Safety (HAZOP/LOPA/SIL)
- Risk Reduction & ALARP
- QRA & Consequence Modelling
- Known Unknowns
- Product & Facility Safety Justification
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Have an understanding of the hydrogen hazard, its specific characteristics and challenges.
- Understand how established risk assessment tools and techniques can be applied to hydrogen schemes, with appreciation of the limitation of these techniques.
- Define the purpose and benefits of the formal demonstration and communication that risks are managed ALARP and how this can be best achieved.
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.