BowTieXP Software (Basic & Advanced)
The purpose of this course is to enable students to effectively use the BowTieXP software in support of a bowtie analysis. It is expected that students will have prior knowledge of the bowtie method either from industry experience or from attendance on the recommended prior study.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Summary of the bowtie approach
- Introduction to BowTieXP and where it fits in
- Creating a new database / opening an existing database
- Creating a new bowtie, editing an existing bowtie, copying and pasting
- Creating activities and elements
- Linking controls to critical roles
- Creating reports and printing professional reports
- Shortfalls and remedial actions, review and sign-off
- Benefits and practical uses
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the quality of data to be input into a completed fit-for-purpose bowtie
- Effectively use the BowTieXP software in support of a bowtie analysis including linking of bowties to supporting tasks, equipment, documentation, etc
- Use the software to produce reports and other forms of output
F2F (1 day (Basic) 2 days (Advanced))
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.