Bowtie Risk Management
Bowtie analysis (also known as barrier diagrams) is an increasingly popular approach to help manage risk. This course introduces the bowtie methodology and examines in detail the various bowtie analysis components. The course also provides a critical review of the method’s benefits, limitations and practical uses, with hands-on practice at applying the technique.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Introduction to risk assessment and bowties
- The bowtie method
- Assuring barrier integrity
- Effectiveness and ALARP for bowties
- Benefits and practical uses of bowties
- Facilitating bowtie workshops
- Bowtie software tools
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Analyse hazard scenarios by applying the bowtie method and designing a bowtie diagram
- Develop integrity assurance for bowtie barriers
- Devise risk acceptance criteria for hazards in bowties
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec courses: Principles of Risk Management; Hazard Identification.