Oil and Gas and Process Industry Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
The purpose of this course is to enable students to understand and apply QRA techniques with particular relevance to the oil and gas and process industries. Participants will be given an opportunity to conduct QRA for oil and gas and process facilities. The course also covers risk criteria, application of the ALARP principle, sensitivity analysis and cost benefit analysis.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Introduction to QRA
- Identify release scenarios
- Frequency assessment, event trees
- Consequence modelling (including immediate and time-dependent effects)
- Risk analysis
- Non-process hazards
- Risk criteria
- Sensitivity studies
- QRA software
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Design QRA models incorporating appropriate input data and assumptions
- Use QRA to analyse the risk to personnel
- Compare QRA results with criteria and use to devise and evaluate potential risk reduction measures
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.