Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment
The course provides an overview of the Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment and practical training on implementation in engineering rail projects. It provides background on approaches to the application of CSM for legal compliance. This involves studying the industry regulatory regimes and case studies applying to UK rail projects, and developing an understanding of the risk assessment process for all changes to the railway.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers and HSE professionals as well as individuals new to the rail industry who require an overview of the industry’s risks.
- Introduction to Risk Management
- CSM Overview, Context and Significance Decision
- Implementation of CSM.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate expertise in safety management using key terms such as “hazard”, “consequence”, and “risk”
- Understand Tolerability, ALARP and compliance with UK legislation
- Evaluate the significance of a change and the interaction with Hazard Identification techniques
- Understand the elements of the Common Safety Method Risk Evaluation and Assessment process
F2F (1 day)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec course: Principles of Risk Management.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.