Offshore Wind Farm Safety Assurance
The aim of this course is to introduce the concept of HSE risk management within the offshore wind industry, providing participants with a level of understanding of risk management principles commensurate with the magnitude of risks associated with this industry. It introduces practical tools and techniques to ensure offshore wind projects are conceived and executed safely and uses lessons learned from other more mature industries to establish an outline framework for a robust safety justification for an offshore wind farm.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Wind industry sources of risk
- Relevant regulations
- Risk Management through the project lifecycle
- Overview of risk assessment tools and techniques
– Hazard Identification
– Risk Assessment
– Risk Reduction & ALARP
– Asset Integrity Management
– Safety Cases
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Apply appropriate risk assessment tools to situations relevant to the offshore wind industry
- Apply the ALARP concept and conduct an ALARP assessment to an appropriate level of detail
- Define the role and need for a Safety Case in the offshore wind industry
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.