Maritime Risk Management
The aim of the course is to introduce the concept of risk management and its application to maritime operations. The requirements of maritime laws, regulations and guidelines are covered, as well as approaches to identifying, assessing and managing the specific risks associated with maritime operations.
Who is this for?
Marine operations managers, marine engineers, project advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Aims and introductions
- Overview of maritime operations
- Overview of risk, hazards and consequences in maritime operations
- The risk management process
- Overview of maritime laws, regulations and codes
- Maritime accidents and their causes
- Example approaches to maritime risk management – using the bowtie diagram
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Critically review, from an HSE perspective, the principal types of operations and activities which exist within the maritime industry
- Apply the principles of risk management to maritime operations to identify typical hazards and evaluate risks
- Consider maritime legislation and its impact upon operations
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.