Environmental Risk Assessment
This course aims to give students an awareness and understanding of environmental risk assessment. It covers some of the main areas where students might encounter the need to undertake an environmental risk assessment and how approaches to undertaking such an assessment compare with safety risk assessments. Some of the ways in which environmental consequences are assessed are considered, allowing students to judge the appropriateness or otherwise of some commonly encountered models.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, designers and HSE professionals who need to lead or undertake risk management processes for their organisation and facilities.
- Environmental risk assessment – key players, milestones and legislative drivers
- Risk assessment process
- Environmental hazard identification
- Environmental data, targets and criteria
- Environmental consequence models (air, water, ground)
- Environmental risk assessment in action
- BATNEEC and BPEO
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Critique environmental regulatory styles
- Evaluate environmental risk assessments, approaches and techniques
- Evaluate methods and models available for environmental consequence modelling
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.