Join us | Our vacancies | Technical Safety Engineers – Oil and Gas
Technical Safety Engineers – Oil and Gas
Job type: Full/part time contracts
Salary or rate: To be negotiated
Expected duration: Various
Application deadline date: Ongoing
Approximate start date: ASAP
Risktec Solutions is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. We assist clients in major hazard industries including nuclear, oil and gas, renewables and transportation as well as commercial and public sectors to manage health, safety, security, environmental and business risk. Further information is available at risktec.tuv.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and influential individual with a strong background in safety and risk management.
You will have a good understanding of the technical, engineering and managerial issues fundamental to safety and risk management within the oil & gas industry. In addition, you will have demonstrable project management experience and have a keen interest in the development of client relationships and the business.
- Working at client sites on short, medium or long-term term assignments in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, or North and South America.
- Acting as a Technical Authority for technical safety/HSE engineering projects and deliverables, providing technical safety support and advice to projects
- Lead coordinator for technical safety/HSE engineering projects, responsible for leading, coordinating and interpreting studies undertaken by internal and external specialists
- Facilitating a wide range of hazard identification and risk assessment workshops, e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, LOPA, SIMOPS and Bowtie assessment
- Conducting physical effects modelling and quantitative risk assessments
- Developing ALARP demonstrations for process safety risks and developing Safety/HSE Cases for design and operations phases
- Producing formal technical reports, Safety/HSE Cases and other project deliverables
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Qualified to degree level in relevant engineering or science discipline
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry, some positions will require 15+ years. We are seeing an increasing demand for personnel with only 5 years’ experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in technical safety engineering, some positions will require 15+ years. We are seeing an increasing demand for personnel with only 5 years’ experience.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Sound technical base
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Practical, common sense approach
Associates receive a bespoke service aligned to individual needs.
To register your interest for a position, please email your CV to:
Risktec Solutions Ltd.