Graduate Safety Engineer/Risk Management Consultant
Job type: Full time, permanent
Location: Rijswijk (Netherlands) and UK
Salary or rate: To be negotiated
Expected duration: Permanent
Application deadline date: Ongoing
Approximate start date: ASAP
Risktec is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company. We help clients to manage health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE) and business risk in sectors where the impact of loss is high. Our people are high calibre and motivated professionals, with a clear focus on meeting clients’ expectations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic graduate Engineer (Chemical, Physics, Mechanical or similar) to work effectively and collaboratively within our Rijswijk office. You will support a range of existing and new projects within, but not limited to, oil and gas, chemical and renewable energy industries.
As part of the role you will gain experience supporting senior colleagues on project tasks and will develop a good understanding of the technical, engineering and operational issues fundamental to safety and risk management within a variety of industries.
At the same time as gaining practical experience, Risktec will provide a structured training programme that can lead to recognised qualifications. Risktec offers education programmes leading to postgraduate awards by Liverpool John Moores University (PgCert, PgDip, MSc) and training programmes utilising the same content but with a reduced level of assessment leading to Risktec Professional Qualifications. These are all completed via Distance Learning.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this role, including flexible working and a workplace that is easily accessible by public transport or car.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Providing technical safety support to senior colleagues and clients, working in areas such as:
- Hazard identification (HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA workshops);
- Consequence modelling (gas dispersion, heat radiation, jet fire / explosion modelling) using industry standard software and techniques;
- Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis (Bowtie workshops, QRA);
- Technical Safety Studies (EERA, ESSA, TRIA, BRA);
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) / Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determination / verification;
- HSE Cases and HSEQ Management Systems;
- Working on project deliverables on time and to budget;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of standards, methods, data and use of appropriate software.
Qualifications and experience:
- Chemical, Physics, Mechanical Engineering (or similar) MSc degree;
- Highly computer literate;
- Awareness of some of the technical safety studies listed above is desirable, as is the ability to interpret and understand Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and the supporting technical reports / data sheets, however training will be provided;
- Working proficient knowledge of Dutch and English, both verbal and written;
- Working proficient knowledge of German or Russian would be advantageous.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently where needed;
- Clear communication skills are essential, both verbal and written, and strong organisational skills and attention to detail both are critical in the work that we do.
Strong analytical and logical skills are essential;
- Able to travel within NL and abroad, often at short notice;
- This opportunity has high visibility and profile so we require an enthusiastic, confident individual who we would be proud to represent Risktec in front of our clients.
To apply for a position, please send your CV to:
Risktec Solutions Ltd.