The aim of this course is to provide an appreciation of workplace hazards, the systems for controlling them and the drivers for the need for continuous improvement in workplace safety. Task risk assessment, Permit to Work, behavioural safety systems and hazardous area classification are studied, as are personal protective equipment and management of hazardous chemicals and goods.
Who is this for?
Managers, supervisors and HSE professionals who have a responsibility for workplace safety.
- Drivers for continuous improvement in workplace safety
- Workplace hazards
- Task risk assessment / job safety analysis
- Permit to work systems
- Behavioural safety systems, e.g. STOP
- Hazardous chemicals and goods
- Personal protective equipment
- Hazardous area classification
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Apply appropriate techniques to develop a documented workplace safety assessment
- Consider alternative approaches to workplace safety management
- Apply the concept of tolerability of risk and As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) to workplace hazard management
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec course: Principles of Risk Management.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.