To provide a solid foundation of knowledge of risk assessment tools, with an emphasis on the concept of risk and qualitative risk assessment techniques.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Identifying and recording hazards
- The risk assessment matrix
- Risk analysis and risk reduction through project or facility lifecycle
- Significance of environmental aspects; environmental risk assessment
- Human factors in design
- Health risk assessment (HRA)
- Security risk assessment
- Business and/or commercial risk assessment
- Quantitative risk assessment (QRA) techniques
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessment
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- External hazards, good practice in risk analysis
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Logically deduce the most appropriate risk assessment tool or technique to be used, depending on circumstances
- Apply certain risk assessment techniques
- Critically review example risk assessments and techniques
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec courses: Principles of Risk Management, Hazard Identification.
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.