Research Methods in Risk and Safety Management
To provide the theoretical background for conducting postgraduate project work. The course provides a valuable opportunity for graduates to acquire necessary skills and training to conduct research at postgraduate level. This includes giving the student an opportunity to develop ideas for a project or dissertation in risk and safety management and to engage with potential supervisors.
Who is this for?
All postgraduate students.
- Study skills review
- Introduction – why do research?
- Defining the research problem
- Literature search and review techniques
- Research methodologies including statistical techniques, questionnaires and interviewing
- Project analysis and design
- Ethics in research
- Project planning
- Time management
- Gantt charts
- Presentation skills
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Communicate findings in an accepted format
- Assess previous research completed in a subject area
- Critically appraise research data and assimilate, integrate and discuss in a logical way
- Demonstrate compliance with appropriate ethical standards related to any research undertaken
- Produce an appropriate project description and specification
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.