Principles of Regulatory Systems
To provide learners with a high level appraisal of the underlying principles which determine the organisation, scope, objectives, reporting and communication of regulatory bodies.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, safety advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Legislative and regulatory requirements and standards
– Principles of regulatory assessment
– Responsibilities and objectives of assessment process
– Scope of review and assessment
– Review and assessment process
– Documentation and communication
– Promotion of safety
- Principles of a regulatory body
– Organisation and function
- Principles of inspection
– Objectives and principles of inspection and enforcement
– Key issues over nuclear lifecycle
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Analyse regulatory requirements arising from legislation and standards
- Critically review the key organisational factors, competency requirements and performance monitoring underpinning effective regulatory bodies
- Apply the key principles of safety assessment and review over a nuclear facility lifecycle
- Assess the requirements and scope of inspection and enforcement
- Describe principles governing the role of the regulator in the establishment and development of effective safety processes and culture
- Examine the importance of communication as part of an effective regulatory function
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Specialist nuclear safety studies
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.