Oil and Gas Lifecycle Hazards and Risks
The course provides an overview of oil and gas industry facilities and activities and the typical hazards associated with this industry. It also provides an understanding of the role of risk management through the oil and gas project lifecycle. This includes evaluating regulatory regimes and the opportunities for risk reduction during the phases of a project.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers and HSE professionals who need to lead or undertake risk management processes for their organisation and facilities. Individuals new to the oil and gas industry who require an overview of the industry’s risks.
- Hydrocarbon industries sources of risk
- Regulatory regimes
- Value and risk management through the project lifecycle
- Overview of risk assessment tools and techniques
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Critically review, from an HSE perspective, the engineering options for developing an oil and/or gas reservoir and delivering the products to market
- Analyse the oil & gas industry project life cycle with regards to the change in the hazard and risk profile
- Critically compare and contrast the different approaches to governance and regulation of the oil and gas industry around the world and analyse the influence of major incidents on regulatory regimes
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec module: Principles of Risk Management
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.