Nuclear Reactor Basics
To provide learners with a high level appraisal of the principles which underpin the design and safe operation of nuclear reactors, highlighting aspects which are relevant to regulatory assessment and scrutiny.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, safety advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Overview of nuclear and reactor physics
- Reactor design and operation
- Reactor safety
- Research and test reactors
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Explain key elements of nuclear and reactor physics
- Assess the design and operation of nuclear reactors from a regulatory perspective
- Critically review the key engineering and technical issues which underpin nuclear reactor safety
- Explain the key systems and processes for reactor safety assurance
- Discuss the role and relevance of research reactors
F2F (1 day)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Qualitative / deterministic risk assessment
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.