Incident Investigation and Analysis
This course provides an awareness and understanding of incident investigation and analysis, including why we need to investigate incidents. The stages of incident investigation are discussed: immediate actions in the event of an incident; initiating the investigation; collecting, organising and analysing data; identifying corrective and preventive actions; reporting the incident and learning from it.
Who is this for?
Managers, supervisors and HSE professionals who may be called on to participate in incident investigations.
- Immediate actions in the event of an accident
- Planning the investigation
- Collecting data
- Data organisation/analysis
- Corrective actions
- Concluding the analysis
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough grounding in the underlying theories behind accident cause analysis
- Apply the investigation and analysis process to determine the sequence of events and the causes of an incident
- Critically analyse published incident and accident reports including the recommendations
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec course: Principles of Risk Management.