This course provides an understanding and awareness of the tools and techniques available for hazard identification, where they can be applied and what limitations may exist. Students will be introduced to the concept of HAZID, including the HAZID team and process. A range of other hazard identification techniques will also be introduced.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Basic concepts
- Overview of hazard identification techniques
- Hazard identification through the project lifecycle
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies
- HAZID/checklist approach
- HAZID versus HAZOP
- Making recommendations
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Assess the role of hazard identification in the risk management process
- Critically review the tools and techniques available to carry out effective hazard identification at each lifecycle stage
- Design a fit-for-purpose hazard identification study
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec course: Principles of Risk Management.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.