Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis
To enable participants to understand the principles of fault and event tree analysis and to perform their own assessments. The course looks at the development of fault tree and event tree models and populating them with suitable reliability data, human errors and dependent failures. It then considers quantification of the models and how they can be used to evaluate potential improvements.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Introduction to Fault Tree Analysis
- Fault Tree construction
- Minimal cut sets
- Basic event reliability data
- Dependent failures and human errors
- Fault Tree quantification
- Fault Tree analysis advantages & disadvantages
- Introduction to event tree analysis
- Event Tree construction and quantification
- Fault and Event Tree software
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Consider when it is appropriate to apply fault tree analysis and event tree analysis
- Design and analyse fault tree models incorporating appropriate reliability data for components, human error and dependent failures
- Generate and analyse event tree models
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec course: Principles of Risk Management
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.