Engineered Risk Control Systems (Oil and Gas)
This course provides an understanding of engineered risk control systems and the need for performance standards and technical integrity verification schemes. This involves exploring the concept of engineered risk control systems and the need for identifying Safety and Environmentally Critical Elements (SECEs) and performance standards. Assuring and verifying performance against the performance standards will be discussed as an integral part of technical integrity assurance throughout an asset’s lifecycle.
Who is this for?
Managers, discipline engineers, operators and HSE professionals required to identify SECEs, develop performance standards and verification schemes and implement performance assurance tasks.
- Introduction to ERCSs
- Identification of ERCSs
- Criticality ranking
- Performance standards
- Performance assurance & verification
- Performance monitoring
- Integrity throughout facility lifetime
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Analyse process plant to logically deduce relevant Engineered Risk Control Systems (ERCSs/SECEs)
- Devise performance requirements/standards of ERCSs/SECEs
- Illustrate how ERCSs/SECEs contribute to sustaining technical integrity over the lifetime of an asset
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec course: Principles of Risk Management.
Independent review and verification
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.