Culture, Behaviour & Competency
The purpose of this course is to provide the theory and practice that underpins safety culture and related workplace behaviour, as well as managing competency. It aims to promote consideration, discussion and evaluation of the interconnection between culture, behaviour and competency and their relative importance within the workplace. The course promotes the application of this knowledge in workplace situations and highlights the importance of the topic in the field of risk and safety management.
Who is this for?
Managers, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Competency management
- Training and resourcing
- Organisational culture
- Human behaviour
- Organisational change management
- Examples of major accidents / accident causes
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Determine and justify the elements of, and requirements for, competency management and evaluate the relationship between competency, training and resourcing
- Critically review the importance of culture and behaviour in the workplace
- Demonstrate how culture, behaviour and competency can be successfully managed in the workplace
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level. Risktec courses: Principles of Risk Management; HSE Management Systems.
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.