Business Continuity Management (BCM)
The purpose of the course is to provide knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity Management (BCM) and the role it plays in organisations of various sizes in readiness to manage threats which could disrupt continued operation. This course includes how to identify threats and undertake a business impact assessment and manage its findings. It also covers best practices for controlling incidents and developing a Business Continuity Plan.
Who is this for?
Managers, engineers, operators, BCM practitioners, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
- Introduction to BCM
- BCM systems and the lifecycle approach
- Policy and programme management
- Embedding BCM
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the principles of BCM, discuss the benefits, and justify how BCM adds value to an organisation
- Interpret BCM standards and good practice, and apply the lifecycle approach to BCM
- Critically review the internal and external threats which impact on business operations, and construct a business risk analysis/ impact assessment
- Illustrate how incidents can be controlled in the event of threat realisation
- Design an effective Business Continuity Plan for an organisation
F2F (2 days)
What prior study is recommended?
Education, skills or experience equivalent to undergraduate level.
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.