Organisations create value by taking risks and lose value by failing to manage them. Effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is about ensuring that the organisation knows what risks it is taking, that these are the right ones and that they are appropriately managed. ERM provides the processes to help organisations protect and enhance value.
We work with our clients to identify major risk exposures and evaluate their relative significance to predict the total risk profile of the enterprise. This includes financial, infrastructure, marketplace and reputational risks.
Our consultants are specialists in:
- Facilitating structured and interactive workshops to identify and rank major risks
- Quantifying the probability, impact and uncertainty of major risk exposures, especially infrequent but high impact events
- Identifying risk controls, assessing their effectiveness, and recommending practical and cost-beneficial risk reduction improvements
- Due diligence studies to identify risk exposures and develop and implement plans for management control
- Technical risk analysis to advise on the optimum structure and levels of a risk financing programme
- Training courses
Our process enables us to evaluate both ‘company breakers’ and more likely scenarios to provide a baseline for management action and risk financing decisions.
Our consultants emphasise that a risk is never actually reduced until a change is fully implemented and proven to be effective.