Our services | Learning | Courses and events | HAZOP Leader (TÜV)
HAZOP Leader (TÜV)
This HAZOP Leader (TÜV) course is the only training for HAZOP leaders worldwide that is certified by an accredited body. The course will develop and test the delegates’ knowledge, skills and behaviours for the effective leadership of process safety related HAZOP workshops.
Participants who pass the examination will receive a PersCert (TÜV) certificate. Personnel certification is a certificate issued by the accredited and independent body PersCert TÜV. For more information visit www.certipedia.com/quality_marks/0000080430
Start date: 10th June 2024
Day 1-3: 9am – 5pm
Day 4: 9am – 1pm
Day 5: 10am – 12.30pm (exam only)
Event duration: 3.5 days, followed by assessment
Location: Risktec Solutions Glasgow, East Kilbride, Glasgow, G75 0QD
Award: PersCert (TÜV)
Price: (excluding VAT)
price includes training materials, delivery, exam and certification fees
1. Demonstrate mature evaluation of the HAZOP technique against the wider safety context, including the regulatory environment and other safety methods
2. Apply multi-disciplinary engineering knowledge to lead and challenge the HAZOP study team
3. Assess the importance of human factors to a successful HAZOP study in context of the design and operation of process facilities
4. Devise and manage a HAZOP meeting, demonstrating a comprehensive and rounded application of different skills and capabilities to lead both technically and professionally
• Hazop leader role and responsibilities
• Facilitating skills
• Preparation and noding
• Hazard scenarion development and safeguards
• Risk assessment and recommendations
• Human factors and accident causation
• Other HAZOP applications
• Other techniques and LOPA
• HAZOP company and regulatory requirements
Who should attend?
Anyone with 5 years’ experience of the HAZOP technique who is required to lead HAZOP studies, and highly-experienced HAZOP leaders seeking an internationally-recognised certification. The training is not industry- specific, however the exercises and worked examples are based on process safety hazards associated with the oil and gas, petrochemical and chemical industries.
Participants will be required to provide:
• Evidence of 5 years’ experience in HAZOPs including technical contribution, scribing and/or facilitation
• A copy of their university degree (master’s or bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline), or a reference letter from their employer indicating their engineer level responsibilities
These will be reviewed to determine eligibility for the course
Mark Taylor: BSc Chemical Engineering, MBA with distinction, CEng, FIChemE, TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer
Mark Taylor has over 35 years’ experience in the oil, gas and process industries. With a background originally in managing complex R&D and engineering projects, Mark has extensive experience in managing and delivering safety risk projects. These include chairing HAZOP studies, and developing safety case and hazard and asset integrity management strategies, as well as training in safety leadership and HAZOP. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chemical Engineers and Professional Process Safety Engineer.
Candidates must have successfully demonstrated their leadership skills during the course’s activity-based continuous assessment to be eligible for the written examination. which takes place at the end of the course.
The examination has a duration of 4 hours and comprises two parts:
• Part one is a written assessment (2 hours 30 minutes)
• Part two is a combination of multiple-choice, multiple response and short answer questions (90 minutes)
If you wish to apply for this course, please use the form below. If you have any questions, please email: [email protected]